Developed by musical innovator, Ofer Webman, the ToneWoodAmp allows a guitarist to play with different effects, unplugged – with the effects emanating organically from the guitar’s sound hole and the body itself. Similar to the way the strings excite the top of the guitar to produce sound, ToneWoodAmp excites the back of the instrument, producing sound waves of effects such as reverb, echo, delay, tremolo and more, which interact with the natural sound of the guitar itself. The ToneWoodAmp is also an iDevice interface allowing musicians to experiment with audio and MIDI apps.
To give you a better idea of the sound variations the amp provides, we encourage you to check out Andy Wood from Rascal Flatts playing Kashmir with the ToneWoodAmp!
This is one of the first projects the EPI-HAB team has been been involved in from assembly through the fulfillment of each unit. We love being presented with new challenges!
Below are the different steps that went into the manufacturing of this innovative product:
- The project began with the assembly of the amp with a programmed circuit board, batteries, case, control knobs and labels.
(Note: This assembly involving the circuit board, batteries and accessories took place in a static-controlled area within EPI-HAB’s facilties.)
- After assembly, our team members quality tested each unit.
- Next came the assembly of each unit’s three corrugated packaging components: the box, lower tray, and upper tray.
- The completely assembled units, along with a corresponding cord and X brace, were then inserted into a corrugated box with trays.
- In the final step of the ToneWoodAmp project, the EPI-HAB team finalized the units’ packaging and slid the sleeves over the corrugated boxes, readying the ToneWoodAmps for fulfillment!
EPI-HAB brings more than 57 years of experience and energy to fulfillment, assembly and inspection, full-service mail processing, and storage. As a 501(c) 3 organization, we are totally self-sufficient while providing meaningful employment opportunities for individuals with epilepsy and other challenges. EPI-HAB focuses on the abilities of its employees, not their disabilities, and performs valued work for businesses, large and small, assisting them with a wide variety of projects ranging from the assembly of medical devices to order fulfillment.
To learn more about EPI-HAB’s assembly, packaging, and fulfillment services, call: 602-254-7027 or complete our online inquiry form.