The company wrapped up 2019 by reflecting on accomplishments and looking forward to a new decade
Founded in 1958, EPI-HAB Phoenix, Inc. is a totally self-sufficient, not-for-profit company focused on providing meaningful employment for individuals with epilepsy and other challenges, primarily through hand labor services.
Like many companies offering hand labor and fulfillment services, EPI-HAB often sees a peak in business around the holidays, which creates a fast-paced atmosphere at the workplace. Once those busy months are past, the team welcomes the reflective and celebratory nature of the days that follow.
Company culture is just as important to a business’ success as its quality control and customer service. EPI-HAB’s annual holiday party aims to boost employee engagement by celebrating their hard work and achievements. It’s the perfect way to move forward into the new year, and in this case, a new decade, with positivity. Plus, it’s great to have the opportunity during the festive time of year to enjoy each other’s company.
Last month’s party was more intimate than years past, focused on EPI-HAB staff and board members. The father and stepmother of Adam, EPI-HAB’s diligent and affable custodian, were the event’s special guests.
The afternoon was filled with laughs, shared memories and plenty of holly, jolly fun. And of course, no holiday celebration is complete without a feast. Affordable Catering helped encourage the holiday spirit through a scrumptious spread of ham and turkey with all the fixins. Holiday-themed cake was also enjoyed.
President Torrey Rogers spearheaded a surprise for the team, bringing back the tradition of inviting a pianist to perform popular holiday music during the gathering. Jennifer Jolls, whom Torrey found through Facebook, was deemed a resounding hit. Everyone said they enjoyed her music and wonderful personality.
The party also spotlighted the highlights of 2019:
- The retirement of Matt Redmann – Matt served as EPI-HAB’s president for more than 13 years! This year’s event was his last company party, making the afternoon extra special.
- The retirement of truck driver Larry Lake, affectionately known as EPI-HAB’s mobile ambassador of goodwill
- The appointment of Torrey Rogers as the organization’s new president
- The U.S. citizenship of EPI-HAB team member Carmen Mercedes Exposito Fernandez
- Many new partners, including The Arizona Diamondbacks, AMW Packaging Supply, and Boxes Near Me
- Breakthroughs in epilepsy treatment at Phoenix Children’s Hospital – EPI-HAB regularly donates excess profits to charities like Phoenix Children’s Hospital to advance the study of the disorder.
- A new company website
We thank each of our team members for making the 2019 holiday party a very memorable occasion. EPI-HAB leadership and administrative staff also deserve commendation for the great deal of time and effort put into organizing the gathering and decking the “halls” (breakroom).
EPI-HAB is truly one big, happy family that keeps growing. We are excited for a busy calendar throughout 2020 thanks to this dedicated workforce.
If you are looking for a dynamic career in an environment that promotes continuous learning and personal growth, EPI-HAB could be the candy to your cane. Find a list of our open positions here, and maybe we’ll see you at next year’s party!