As an organization providing mail processing, fulfillment, assembly, inspection and storage services, we at EPI-HAB Phoenix, Inc. are aware of the many ways in which the recent outbreak of the coronavirus (COVID-19) is disrupting the global supply chain.
COVID-19 has not, at this time, caused any disruptions to EPI-HAB’s operations, but we will continue to diligently monitor reports from the World Health Organization (WHO), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and other state and local health authorities to remain in compliance with all public health orders.
Amid these rapidly changing circumstances, we’d like to update our partners on the extra precautions EPI-HAB is taking proactively to ensure the continued safety of our staff, community and products being delivered and shipped. These include:
- Encouraging employees who feel sick to stay home
- Promoting proven personal hygiene practices, including frequent handwashing and covering coughs and sneezes
- Keeping hand sanitizer readily available
- Minimizing contact among workers
- EPI-HAB’s employees work independently on projects, keeping proper social distancing guidelines
- Maintaining routine cleaning and disinfecting of EPI-HAB’s office, production floor and break rooms
- Encouraging employees to self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19
- Incorporating policies for prompt identification and isolation of potentially infectious individuals
- Maintaining flexible policies that permit employees to stay home to care for a sick family member
With these essential measures in place, EPI-HAB’s staff has remained healthy and has not exhibited any symptoms of illness.
Further operational updates:
- EPI-HAB is open for business and remains committed to strengthening the Phoenix community by supporting job creation. We are currently hiring general laborers to continue to meet customers’ needs.
- USPS and UPS service is continuing anywhere government restrictions do not apply, though customers may experience delays. The WHO and CDC have said the likelihood of COVID-19 contaminating shipping materials is low due to transit times and temperature.
- EPI-HAB’s Board of Directors meetings have been suspended while the COVID-19 situation is monitored.
As the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic are increasingly felt around the United States, please know our thoughts are with all those who are impacted personally and professionally. We are here to be of continued service to customers and the Phoenix community during this challenging time and are thankful for your loyalty.
For more information on EPI-HAB’s services, contact us today.
To stay up to date with the latest information provided by the CDC, visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
About EPI-HAB Phoenix, Inc.
EPI-HAB brings more than 60 years of experience and energy to fulfillment, assembly and inspection, full-service bulk mail processing, and storage. The organization was founded in 1958 when a group of business and medical professionals came together to provide meaningful employment to individuals with epilepsy. As the medical industry made strides in the control of epileptic seizures, EPI-HAB (Epileptic Habitat) welcomed individuals with other challenges. Over the years, EPI-HAB has always focused on the abilities of its employees, not their disabilities. Its team performs valued work for businesses, large and small, assisting them with a wide variety of jobs.